Saturday 3 October 2009

Revolting RMT members?

Yesterday I noticed, or rather heard first in the distance, a cacophony of horns and whistles; whilst walking towards Hounslow Bus Station. When I got closer, I was faced by a small 'sea' of fluorescent jacketed protesters, assaulting the eyes with their 'glowing' presence on the pavement! presumably bus workers or drivers, waving green and red RMT union flags.



I assume that they are unhappy with their latest round of pay and conditions negotiations, or maybe they enjoy a quick demo. for a change, to break the usual routine?!

I wonder perhaps, if there will be a bus strike coming along soon? It looks like 'the good old days' of the 1970's are returning again, with plenty of strikes to keep everyone entertained.



Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the first chapter of "B.A. or my Life?" It will be coming soon!

It's just that I had to share this colourful event, with any people reading this blog, whilst I remembered it. The memory can go when you get older!!

No comments:

Post a Comment