Saturday 12 September 2009

Fetish young Fun?! Or GI Gimp?!

Noticed in Argos recently, a hideous looking boxed toy dressing up set called:"GI Joe and the rise of Cobra - or some such nonsense?!"
Disturbingly funny, what grabbed my attention strangely enough, whilst I was waiting in a short queue, was the grotesque, most likely Chinese made plastic 'tat' in the large garish box, which looked like a Gimp mask and attire from a fetishist day dream!

The horrible black 'sweaty' looking PVC style face mask, styled by someone (or maybe a focus group?) who seems to be influenced by Gimp rubber and plastic gear; or is having a knowing 'laugh' at the expense of innocent primary school age kids! with illustrations of fetish looking mask clad characters on the box, seemed to reinforce the view, "That they start fetish deviants young these days!!!" With all those nasty plastic crap weapons included - or maybe they're 'torture' implements for the knowledgeable?! I wonder what these toy designers are on? and what S&M are they influenced by?!!!


See what I mean!......

My thoughts also were, "What parents would buy that perverse ugly looking stuff for their young kids?" Wouldn't they be a bit worried seeing innocent young 'Darren' or 'Wayne' running about, clad in garb that would be fashionable in the local chapter of the fetish and S&M club?!" The whole scene sounds so ridiculously funny to me!

Showing my age and sounding 'prehistoric' now. Whatever happened to boys playing with Action Man (if you could afford them back then in the mists of time), with the rugged sticking out chin, eagle eyes and real gripping hands! Armed with a clean living 'manly' (in those days) lifestyle?!
Or girls playing with normal dolls. Not the eye assaulting, optical nerve and taste damaging! 'dripping' with glowing pink accessories, Barbie dolls we have today.

Also reminded me about talking to some American compatriots, whilst I worked for a U.S. company a long time ago. They told me about GI Joe and their childhood memories of the plastic moulded figure, dressed in what looked like D-Day infantry man uniform - most probably made in Hong Kong or Taiwan back then.

The poor unsuspecting GI Joes were quite often used for target practice by kids in the back yard, and 'filled full of lead', blown away to 'Kingdom Come', with an air rifle in Clint Eastwood style, whilst muttering, "Make my day Punk!..." For even more realism, a parent's Magnum could be employed, that would really finish off the job. That's what I call real childhood fun?! 

Anyway, that's definitely enough of my outrageous thoughts for now - I promise!! It's just that I have a dark sense of humour that's currently getting the better of me!

Now where did I put those plastic handcuffs?.... I can't seem to find them!........

And please don't get me started on inflatable rubber sheep, and who designs and manufactures them! It would make me roll around on the floor laughing for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment